Wednesday, December 8, 2010

tat for the masses

Don't be fooled by seemingly blatant correlation of the title of this post and my occupation......
So on Sunday Ross and myself travelled down the the Horatia for this...



I wouldn't have gone had Brendan not asked. I didn't have unrealistic expectations for this little event, as Harry had told me it would be shit in a drawn out semi conscientious not too rude kinda manner the previous night. He wasn't far off.....

Besides the point, it was a free event in a warm pub with homemade cake and lots of stuff to feast eyes on. Whilst some of the stuff there was more crappy than crafty...some of the products there were amazing. I particularly took quite a penchant for a bleeding eyed Jesus sculpture that had to be the least Christian thing i've ever seen. It was so beautiful, and i gotta say, wasn't half bad priced, but i was not expecting to see proper artwork, just tat... and neither did my wallet. (holy crap, apologies for the ludicrous amount of coma's in that sentence)i'm sure i took the guys business card, so maybe one day... if i win the lottery, i'll be the proud owner of a piece of his work. *fingers crossed*

The more cheap and cheerful stuff that took my fancy was some stuff from here

I particularly liked their "faux taxidermy"...



and their paper dolls....



cute.



No comments:

Post a Comment